Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Bachelor needs a Make over



There has been something bothering me and I feel I need to share.  Being a busy mom in the real world with real world problems, I have succumbed to the reality show world.  I dont know if there are any 12 step programs out there for it but I just like it.  I love how these shows can take "real" situations and turn then into great tv.  I love watching shows like the Bachelor, I am such a romantic that I love seeing people fall in love. I think when its really love you can see it even through your tv.  I also think when its just a booty call you can see that happening too, that is why ABC made sure there was a hot tub on every lot the cast goes to.
 With all my love for the show I am a little disappointed it in it too.  Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there has never been a black, Mexican or Asian bachelor.  I guess they save that for the contestants, just to say 'see we are not racist."  Another beef I have with the bachelor is they only show the rich, skinny and beautiful girls, they never show anyone toe up on there.  I would love to watch a season of the bachelor and see just an average guy looking for love.  ABC you should be listening here because average to ugly people need love too.  The only people who deserve to get married and live happily ever after are ken and barbie cut outs, at least that is what ABC is portraying.  Instead of barbie and ken though I would like to see someone like Shrek and Fiona on these shows. What about the men that love big women, or the men who are not looking for barbie but looking for something real, something that isnt all wrapped up in plastic and looks good for cameras but has no fucking substance as a human what so ever.  An example of this would be this season's winner Nikki.  I wanted to like the girl and in the beginning I did but when she showed no backbone on after the rose ceremony and never fully expressed what she wanted out of this farce of a relationship, I lost respect for her.  She had no balls and she had no personality.  Although I have to agree with Juan Pablo, you cannot just come right out and say "I love you" when it feels forced or is a money shot for a tv show.  It has to come natural but honestly there is nothing natural about this show. Here is the thing though every single last air headed, plastic barbie doll on this show is exactly like season's before it.  They all look the same, come from the same backgrounds and pretty much have no substance as a human at all.  I am not saying that attractive people cannot have personality, I know plenty of attractive people that do, hell I am one of them but I believe that there has to be more.  We all age and our tits and balls sag to the floor before we are dead.  One would think we could find someone who tickled our intellect as well as private parts too.  
Anyway I guess until ABC changes or not I will still watch the show like a fool and still get frustrated when normal people with normal lives are not on the show.  Why do you ask?  because like a lot of people I love love and I love seeing love, real love happen for people.  In a world composed of hate these days, when real love happens its hope and a reminder that the human heart isnt so jaded and twisted.  

Come on Barbie let's go party

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! And I completely agree with you. I have never watched The bachelor, but I know the premise of the show and you are absolutely right. I recently watched a romantic comedy called "Enough Said" with julia louis dreyfus and james gadolfini and I Loved it. It felt more realistic to me. Like I was actually watching real people fall in love rather than the perfect fake shit that you can't even relate too.

    ReplyDelete